Thursday, February 3, 2011

Silverlight error connecting to WCF

So after I fixed some of the memory problems with my application yesterday. I started my application and tried our address auto complete feature (it’s one of the most basic features that we have). I got this little error on the bottom left of the screen:


Double clicking it I got my exception:

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application An AsyncCallback threw an exception.   at System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelAsyncRequest.OnGetResponse(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClassd.<InvokeGetResponseCallback>b__b(Object state2)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost/version/MyApplication/js/update.js

First I thought that maybe I am trying to use another server, I fixed that but still got the error (so that wasn’t the problem).

So I started logging and got the following error reading the traces.svclog log file:

There is an unclosed literal string. Line ##, position ##.

So I decided to open the file with Notepad++ and used TextFX->TextFX HTML Tidy->Tidy: reindent XML

I couldn’t find and reference to my AutoComplete service but I found this error lurking around:

                  (0x8004150D): Out of server memory [SDE.Default]
                  connectStr, Int32 hWnd) at
                  sdeConnectionString) in
                  105 at …

Apparently my memory problems just got worst because ESRI decided to jump ship (shit).

Tried to change the web.config and do a bit IISreset, Start the debugger and got the error: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

Restart doesn’t help…

But the simplest solution did work – I just moved my applications to another App Pool…

And found out the hard way that my team leader didn’t check in his changes and because of that I got the original Error!

//TODO: I still need to study the COMException Out of server memory

Keywords: IIS, Error, Silverlight, WCF

IceRocket Tags: ,,,